The Albert D. Austin house was built in 1897. This home sits on four city lots that were purchased from the Rucker brothers, in 1893 and 1895. The house retains most of its original features, including solid wood doors, glass & brass hardware, decorative moldings, high ceilings with exposed beams, and double-hung windows with the original counterweights.
The house still has the original windows with their lovely decorative lead designs. The old growth wood floors with quarter sewn tiger oak on the first floor and fir on the second floor are also original. In addition, the house includes the original intercom system with brass tubing on each floor.
Still in use are the original bathroom fixtures in several of the bathrooms and the original water-fed radiators. The house is a basic style of an American Four-Square with Colonial Revival details. There is a classic portico topped with a balustrade balcony and a central frontispiece with a gable dormer in the center of the hip roof. To the side, there is a sunroom topped with a balcony.